Cowberry Shoots contain many flavonoids, tannins and acids (wine, ellagic, quinic, and benzoic).
The Shoots of cowberry are used for medicinal purposes; they have an antiseptic, diuretic and antimicrobial action. Decoctions prepared from the leaves of cowberry have anti-inflammatory, astringent, sedative, tonic, wound healing properties.
Decoctions made from the cowberry leaves are used to heal the herpes virus and flu. Anti-inflammatory effect is achieved by benzoic acid, which is a part of the biochemical composition of leaves. Infusions from the leaves of cowberry are recommended to people who diet: it helps them to fill the body with lost proteinhe.
- arthritis (inflammatory joint disease);
- osteochondrosis (degenerative disorders in articular cartilage);
- gastrointestinal diseases (gastrointestinal tract);
- mild form of high blood presure;
- rheumatism (inflammatory connective tissue disease of a systemic nature, characterized by lesions of the heart);
- cystitis (inflammation of the bladder);
- pyelonephritis (inflammatory kidney disease), kidney stones (as a diuretic);
- gastritis with low acidity;
- vitamin deficiency;
- gout (disorders of mineral metabolism);
- stomatitis, gingivitis (lesions of the mucosa of the oral cavity ulcer character).
Directions: cowberry Shoots can be used for prearing infusions, decoctions and tea.