Popular in European countries sweets with a whipped body, glazed with chocolate.
Sweets with semi-air filling began to be produced in Poland in 1936 by the Warsaw confectionery factory " E. Wedel[en]" ("Wedel") under the name ptasie mleczko.
The author of the recipe, which has remained unchanged to this day, was the owner of the factory Jan Wedel, and the name was invented by the factory workers.
Traditional sweets are made with vanilla filling in dessert chocolate, the modern assortment includes lemon, cream, coconut, chocolate and other flavors.
After the visit of the Minister of food industry of the USSR V. p. Zotov to Czechoslovakia in 1967, where he was "smitten" with very delicious local churned sweets, representatives of all the country's confectionery factories were gathered at the Moscow factory "Rot Front" and gave the confectioners the task to make the same sweets — on a sample.